Wednesday, June 4, 2014

3 steps closer

Well it is June 4th and three of my seven roommates have moved back home. One has gone to Bulgaria where she will spend her summer between there and Greece. She seems as if she will be suited to have the best summer but the type of person she is, I don't know if she would actually appreciate it. The Xavier left just a few days ago which caught me off guard because it really did make me tear up quite a lot. I found Xavier to be a very interesting guy for many reasons but mainly because he was the houses wildcard. We never knew what he may do and he often shocked us all. He is a crazy mother but he is a good guy. And then last night around 4am big Eric took off back to California. It didn't really hit me the same way I thought it would but mainly because we had all been drinking for hours so by the time it actually happened, it seemed fake like he was just on his way to another vacation like we have all taken over the course of the year. Except this time he isn't coming back.

Well I guess that is how it goes and now there are only a few of the originals left in the house. Max has taken off for what seems to be a tremendous adventure that will span most of the month and take him to four different countries. Then there is Victoria, who honestly is like a ghost when she is here anyways. Jessica will stay a month longer then everyone else which should prove to be interesting. And then all thats left is me, I will leave Florence on June 30th and be heading back to New York.

I have been lucky enough to have met some amazing people along the way and one has offered me a place to stay for a few nights when I arrive in Brooklyn. That should be interesting because I here a lot of crazy things about New York and especially Brooklyn. From there I will be traveling to Philadelphia with my buddy Peaches and this is when the next adventure begins. We will essentially be driving across America by way of New York to Los Angeles.

I hardly find myself to be a reader but lately I have felt this passion to learn and to appreciate the thoughts of others who have taken the time to formulate a story with the intention of teaching us something. I am currently reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerauc and honestly that book is just what I needed. It is the story of a man who leaves his home, travels from New York to California and finds himself along the way. I guess in life many of us are constantly searching for something, for a purpose, for a reason to continue on, and this book has open my eyes to this fact. There are times when I get caught up with a one sided perspective that is only focused on me and that is the worst way to live. I must go back to my roots and learn to be for the people again the way my mother raised me. I really love helping others and in order to be happy I must enjoy the smiles I can put on others faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment