Saturday, June 7, 2014

Thank you for everything Firenze

As my time comes to an end here in Italy I am reminded of something I was told this year, life is about destiny. Destiny puts you where you need to be and Karma is what helps you make your decisions once destiny has placed you in a situation. Now almost a year has past since deciding to come to Italy and its time to pack up soon and head back to Los Angeles. I have no idea what will come next for me and gosh, thats just a bit exciting. I am scared as hell, yup but hey aren't we all??

I know when destiny is ready for me to see what is next, then I will. For now I will do my best to live in the moments that are before me and appreciate all the fantastic memories that I have acquired this year. So a bit of a recap of my favorite memories of my year abroad in Italy.

-My first trip with Max and Xavier to Barcelona and Paris is one of my most charished memories of my entire life. We partied till the sun came up in Barcelona, we dined like Kings, we meet great friends, and we some how made it to Paris where we popped bottles under the Eiffel tower. We gave some kid whiskey and he got us into VIP for this amazing concert. We saw the Louvre and let me tell you, that is the most amazing museum in the entire world!

-I met these amazing people from California in Italy of all places. These people were just what I was looking for and didn't even know I was looking. They made me feel so welcomed and happy instantly and I truly can't wait to cross paths with all of them when I get back.

-I met Erin, Peaches, Amy, and Myself for the first time. Erin was a friend of a friend that ended up being on of the best friends I have ever made. She is a person that can light up any room and I am so blessed to have found someone I can relate to on so many levels. Peaches, well she is just the best thing ever! I love this chick. She and I have partied, raged, cried, traveled, and even once slept in the same bed. There really isn't anything else to say except I am keeping her forever. Amy, my lovely Brit. This chick was something special to me also. I only knew her for half the year but she and I had some amazing times. We didn't hang out much but when we did it was usually for 24 hours minimum. I don't know what it was about her but I really hope she doesn't just fade away. And meeting myself for the first time was a trip. You may read this and say that I am full of it or just dumb but the reality is most of us need a lifetime to meet ourselves. I am constantly doing things that I didn't even know I wanted to or was capable of. I remember half way into the year I looked into the mirror and I saw myself for the first time. Truly looked into my eyes and told myself that I was proud to meet me. Oddly enough, it was the moment I became a happy person. I have love in my heart for the first time in years instead of the rage that lingered over the decades. I plan on taking this back with me and doing my best to keep pushing my positivity forward and learning everyday how to be a better person.

-Living in the Ponte house. What a blast! Living in this 13th century apartment on the river right next to the Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio has really been nothing more then magical. I have lived with 6 of the nicest, moodiest, craziest, loveliest people I have ever met. We had amazing parties which according to many people were EPIC!!! We had lots of drinking nights with the homies. We had lots of great talks. And kept it a truly Cali vibe in the house which I needed more then you all will ever know.

-Going to Rome to say good bye to my grandmas spirit. I swear the first night I went to Rome I had an out of body experience where my grandma who just passed away told me that she was with me everywhere that I went and that I needed to let her go. I couldn't go any further in life until I let go of the past. This is a lesson I have learned over and over again this year and its only because of my grandma who is still teaching me things even after she has gone.

Honestly I could go on and on but these are the most important things that have happened to me this year. I want to thank you all for being supportive of me this year. It has helped me become a stronger and better person. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment